Amy Stinson, DO, FAOCO, is a board certified otolaryngologist, head and neck surgeon with more than a decade of experience treating patients of all ages with complex head and neck disorders. Her areas of specialty and interest include endocrine surgery, laryngology, pediatrics, sinus & allergy, and aesthetics.
A native of Arkansas, Dr. Stinson attended the University of Arkansas where she was a Chancellor’s Scholar and a Fulbright College Ambassador. She graduated Cum Laude from the University of Arkansas with a Bachelor of Science in microbiology in 2003. She then attended Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences - College of Osteopathic Medicine where she was member of Sigma Sigma Phi and a College of Medicine ambassador. Dr. Stinson also received the Betty Jo White Research Award; as well as, the Herbert Ramsey Hall of Sponsors Scholarship.
Dr. Stinson completed her surgical track internship at Doctor’s Hospital in Massillon, Ohio, in 2008. An additional 4 years of specialty otolaryngology surgical training was completed through the Summa Healthcare System in Northeast Ohio. She was only the second female physician to have graduated the program in 2012.
Dr. Stinson is a member of American Osteopathic College of Otolaryngology - of which she is a Fellow, American Osteopath Association, American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy.
Dr. Stinson and her husband, Patrick, have been married for 15 years and have 4 children. Between the kids’ activities, she enjoys tennis, ballet, boating, and the beach.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
1. Brave Enough Conference, event planner & ambassador; 11/201
2. Head and Neck Disorders, ARCOM, presenter; 9/2018
3. Arkansas State Assembly Association of Surgical Technologists, presenter; 10/2017
4. Anatomy 101 Series: ENT 101; 2/2014
5. Anatomy 101 Series: Pediatric Health From The Neck Up; 2/2013
6. “Pediatric chronic rhinosinusitis: A retrospective review” American Journal of Otolaryngology, Nov-Dec 2008, 29:6:372-378
7. The Effect of Allergy Immunotherapy of Sleep – Senior Research Project
8. AOCOO-HNS Annual Clinical Assembly; poster presentation 2009